Friday, June 30, 2017

ToySECT - Action Figure and Toy Review - 010 Spider-Man - Toys R Us 2 pack Marvel Legends



Hello and welcome back! Thanks for checking out another ToySECT review of yet another Spider-Man (Toys R Us 2 pack Marvel Legends). Let me know if you're getting sick of seeing ol' webhead here, because apparently I own more action figures of him than I do Boba Fett. This version is the other half of the Toys R Us 2 pack with Mary Jane Watson (ToySECT 002) that was just recently released. Have you found one yet? Spidey has his first solo MCU movie premiering in one week, and I have a feeling we're going to see Spider-Man merchandise everywhere very soon. Two days ago I saw more of the Marvel Legends Spider-Man movie wave at Wal-Mart, and today I found most of the same wave at my local Target. So anyways, this version of Spider-Man is based off his new look in the comics. It's mostly the same as his old duds, with a few more angles and some "light 'em up" features. (No, the figure doesn't actually light up) I think it was smart of Marvel to keep the new outfit close to the original. If it's not broken, don't fix it. As much as I liked the black costume when they revealed it back in the first Secret Wars series, I missed the old red and blue suit a lot. Remember the one-shot with Wolverine where they went to Germany and Peter had to bug a costume shop owner for a costume so he could swing around town? That made me so happy to see him back in his classic look. (Until he, um, killed Wolverine's girlfriend at the end. That was kinda' harsh.) Ok, on with the show.



Woohoos!


What do you get with yet another Spidey this time? Well, it's a Peter Parker portrait of course! In addition to great articulation (as usual, thank you Hasbro) and three (!) sets of interchangeable hands, we finally get a good Peter Parker likeness. His range of motion is as good as the joints allow, so some cool poses can be achieved. The webs on his suit are painted on and not sculpted in, but they look clean and even. I've told myself I'm not going for all the various spider-suits, but this one is a good addition to the closet. (Still not getting Spider-UK or Cosmic Spider-Man)











D'ohs!

Not much to complain about here. His coloring is good. The paint apps were well applied. He stands up on his own. There is a hole in his back for a peg, so a display stand would have been nice, or even a web backpack. I guess this is an older Peter Parker, so fine, a web briefcase. I think they could have painted the "glowing effect" on his chest to be a little more noticeable, but I guess I'm glad they did it the way they did. I haven't seen any sets just hanging on the shelf, so you may have to resort to TRU's website to get yours.








What if...


Webs. That's all I'm going to say. We. Need. Webs. (and a Petey in street clothes)














Finish Him!


I'm pretty satisfied with the $40 I spent on Peter and MJ. This set seems to be a no-brainer and I hope you find one if you're looking. I still can't believe I got one as my luck with TRUs exclusives is pretty low, especially with Marvel Legends stuff. Get it for the Mary Jane, have fun with the Peter. 5 out of 5 glowing spiders here.



No comments:

Post a Comment